Faiths United is a temporary coalition of faith leaders from across the UK responding to the Covid-19 crisis.
It was set up in late March 2020 to discuss how faith communities have been coping with the pandemic and to drive possible joint responses.
Our agenda is broad (rather than confined to a particular area) and the group consults with, but is independent from, government.
Participants consist of leaders and representatives from faith communities and it is chaired by Maurice Ostro OBE. We also have a Youth Committee consisting of young leaders from different faith groups.
Examples of our work are as follows:
- Letter in Telegraph, 9 April 2020.
- Video message from Faiths United – 12 April 2020.
- Statement of Reflection – The Times coverage, 22 April 2020.
- Bereavement Seminar, 28 April.
- Clap for our Carers Video, 30 April.
- Mentioned in House of Lords debate, 30 April.