Certified Development Programme by the Institute for Leadership and Management
We are recruiting serious changer makers to join the programme
We know young people have the potential to take the lead in their own lives and be leaders in their worlds. Our leadership programmes assume young people are engaged and have a growing sense of empowerment, but need support to take the lead.
We understand that young people have the potential to take the lead in their own lives and be leaders in their worlds. Our leadership programmes assume young people are engaged and have a growing sense of empowerment, but need support to take the lead.
We offering a Development programme certified by the Institution for Leadership and Management, to enhance the skills of young people to be change makers, building the potential make and lead change. The programme will empower participants to make change through our democracy and instil a sense of empowerment and civic duty, that will contribute to social good and confidently command the change maker landscape
Our programme continues to provide our participants with opportunities to meet leading business leaders, policymakers at Downing Street, the Home Office, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government, and experts in leading PR firms and civil society leaders.
As 2018 marks 100 years since women first won the right to vote in the UK and the 90th anniversary of the Equal Franchise Act. There is no better way to mark these historic occasions than by building on their legacy and radically working to improve equality and opportunities for all.
The programme is open to young people aged 16-23.
If you are interested in participating click here and one or our programme leaders will be in touch.
Course content includes
- Leadership principles
- Leadership theories
- Leadership qualities
- Emotional intelligence
- Understanding self
- MBTI self-assessment and group application exercises
- Reflection and personal development planning
- Strategic Communication Planning
- Media training which includes:
- Best Practices in Strategic Communications and Campaigning
- How to create viral (Social) Media campaigns
- Interview training
- Interactive design and planning sessions
- Techniques in approaching Government officials
- Writing to Government Departments
- To develop and enhance participants’ core leadership capacity.
- To provide an environment to explore individual values and ethical frameworks
- To develop the understanding of political intelligence.
- To increase interpersonal skills
- To develop the ability to understand others.
- To deepen one’s self-awareness, self-development, reflective practice and emotional intelligence.
- To obtain a variety of transferable skills and the confidence to use those skills to consider become a civic leader
- To equip participants with both the knowledge and the confidence to speak to others about civic engagement, and how they may get involved
Programme partners: International Centre for Integration & Cohesion a Development Centre with the Institute for Leadership and Management
- The Faiths Forum works to empower faith communities, by providing a platform to build capabilities and relationships, with important stakeholders, ranging from Government to social media giants like Twitter, senior faith leaders, policymakers and think tanks.