MAMA Youth Project offers a unique opportunity for individuals to train and gain entry into TV employment, especially those from under-represented backgrounds. 96% of our alumni are still working in the broadcast industry a year after completion.
The scheme runs for 14 weeks and could be the golden ticket to a prosperous career in TV. We are proud to say that we have helped over 500 young people from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds on their way to make a mark in the media industry.
What’s Up TV Training Bootcamp
Trainees will be training in their chosen role and making a broadcast TV show for Sky called What’s Up TV.
We recruit 24 trainees in total and no previous experience is needed, just 100% commitment. Trainees must also not be in education or employment if accepted onto the training, as it is a full time commitment. Participants can choose to train in one of the following roles:
· Trainee Production Manager (1 place)
· Trainee Production Coordinator (3 places)
· Trainee Researcher (13 places)
· Trainee Camera Operator (2 places)
· Trainee Location Sound Operator (2 places)
· Trainee Video Editor (3 places)
The What’s Up TV Training consists of:
· 4 weeks free boot camp training and upon successful completion, trainees will be eligible to apply for a further 10 weeks of full-time paid employment training (National Minimum Wage), working on What’s Up TV, a Sky show, followed by:
· 4 to 8 weeks full time paid work placement either SKY or another industry partner.
· 6 months of career follow up support, such as recommending alumni to employers, CV workshops and interview techniques geared towards the broadcast industry.
Most of the training takes place at Sky TV Osterley Campus, TW7 5QD following strict Covid-19 health and safety guidelines. However, due to the current situation, many sessions will happen remotely.
Introductory Session with the MAMA Youth Team: Thursday 17th September, 4pm-5pm. Click HERE to register.
16th of November – 19th of February 2021. Trainee Production Manager and Trainee Production Coordinators start earlier on the 10th of November 2020. Please note: because of the current pandemic the start date may vary.
How to apply:
· Candidates should follow the step by step guide. Click HERE to apply. Application deadline is the 22nd of September.