Any organisation expects all its trustees and staff to uphold highest level of integrity when making any decisions or spending/using the organisation’s assets/property/money.
While staff are paid remuneration for their work, the trustees do not receive any remuneration because they serve the organisation as a volunteer.
This document covers the main aspects to manage conflicts of interest:
- What is Conflict of Interest?
- Definition of Trustee benefit and its implication.
- Key points to consider for this policy.
- What procedures can be put in place?
- Trustees’ checklist for managing conflicts of interest.