- To ensure that all literature distributed at [FAITH INSTITUTION] or within any of its facilities and boundaries is for positive, legal, informative purposes only.
- To stop any attempt to distribute any illegal, extremist or terrorist-linked literature.
- To protect the reputation of the [FAITH INSTITUTION] and protect [FAITH INSTITUTION] from any harm.
- To ensure all requests for literature distribution by non-[FAITH INSTITUTION] persons/organisation are dealt with consistently, effectively and fairly.
- To specify the process for dealing with requests for literature distribution.
- Any organisations/persons wishing to distribute/display any literature/information (in print, electronic or any other format) at the [FAITH INSTITUTION] property, will need to complete the External Literature Distribution Application Form and provide the following information giving as much detail as possible:
- Name of the organisation and the distributor.
- Address, phone number, charity/company registration number, email of the organisation and the person(s) distributing/displaying on their behalf.
- The project/purpose for which the literature/information is to be distributed/displayed.
- A written assurance that, if the permission to distribute/display is given, the only literature/information distributed/displayed will be exactly as specified in the External Literature Distribution Application Form. Such literature/information/display must only contain factually correct and legally permissible material that does not support or encourage any extremist, illegal or terrorism-related (directly or indirectly) activities or purposes.
- Number of individuals distributing/displaying the literature. They must be aged 18 or above.
- The application should be completed and submitted to the [FAITH INSTITUTION] office, at least 14 days before the proposed distribution/display date.
- The application will be considered by the Risk Management Sub Committee that will inform the applicant of its decision within 10 days of receiving the application.
- If the application is approved, the [FAITH INSTITUTION] Office will provide the applicant with this information (by email or letter):
- When the literature distribution/display can take place;
- Details of the [FAITH INSTITUTION] contact person on the day;
- Any relevant practical arrangements and any other information.
- All literature distributors/exhibitors must follow the instructions of their [FAITH INSTITUTION] contact person on the literature distribution/display day, particularly in relation to Health & Safety.
- Only adults should be carrying out the literature distribution.
- Coloured vests will be provided to those carrying out literature distribution so that they are easily identifiable. The [FAITH INSTITUTION] contact person will issue these.
- Anybody literature distribution without wearing an orange vest AND not able to present a valid approval email/letter will be asked to stop the literature distribution. If the literature distribution is not stopped, police may be called to intervene.
- [FAITH INSTITUTION] Office or any member of the [FAITH INSTITUTION] may inform the Police if anyone is suspected of distributing/displaying extremist literature near the [FAITH INSTITUTION].
Click here to download the template.