2018 marks 100 years since women first won the right to vote in the UK and the 90th anniversary of the Equal Franchise Act. There is no better way to mark these historic occasions than by building on their legacy and continuing to improve and encourage democratic participation.
We have put together a 5 Day bespoke the Civic and Democracy Leadership Programme running between Monday 2nd July – Friday 6th July 2018 equipping young leaders to participate and engage with our Democracy. The programme will provide participants with training to prepare them in their journey to engage actively within our democracy and instil a sense of empowerment and civic duty, that will strengthen our democracy.
The programme will provide the opportunity for participants to engage with senior policy makers and departments within our democracy, meetings and discussions with key people working in the heart of our democracy – the programme will include scheduled meetings with
· Policy advisors at No. 10 Downing Street
· Cabinet Office Officials
· Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
· Local Government
And training around
· Leadership principles, qualities and theories:
· Emotional intelligence
· Understanding self
· Strategic Action, Communication and Media training which includes:
· Best Practices in Strategic Communications and Campaigning
· How to create viral (Social) Media campaigns
· Interview training
· Interactive design and planning sessions
The programme is open to people of all faiths, and none, aged 18-25, priority will be given to participants who can demonstrate involvement in faith and community groups and organisations. If you are interested in applying click here.