The University of Surrey ESRC Festival of Social Science 2021 presents the webinar “Framing Hate Crime: An Old Problem in a Modern Era”.
This event will discuss the boundaries of hate crime such as its national, local, and community impact, its harms and effects, and the available support and response for both its victims and offenders, as well as both current and future challenges.
We will be joined by guest speakers from the following leading organisations:
- The National Police Chiefs’ Council (National Hate Crime Problem)
- Surrey Constabulary (Hate Crime in Surrey)
- Hampshire Constabulary (Hate Crime Against Public Sector Staff)
- Stop Hate UK (Helpline and Support)
- Victim Support (Gaps in referral and support for victims of hate crime)
- CST (SAFE) (Securing and protecting minority community spaces)
- Rise Mutual (Restorative Justice)
- Solution Not Sides (Combating misinformation and promoting productive dialogue)
- Faiths Forum for London (Combating hate crime through community cohesion)
- Refugym (Well-being Support for Refugees by Refugees)
- Steps 2 Wellbeing (Problems in the referral of hate crime victims)
Join us on the 26th November, 10:00-13.00PM