After the great success and launch of the Civic and Democracy Leadership Programme back in July 2018, Faiths Forum for London are happy to announce that the week long programme is back and will take place between Monday 1st July – Friday 5th of July 2019.
The 5 Day bespoke programme will equip young leaders to effectively participate and engage with British Democracy. The programme will provide participants with training to prepare them in their journey to engage actively within our democracy and instill a sense of empowerment and civic duty.
There will be opportunities to engage with senior policy makers and departments, meetings and discussions with key people working in the heart of our democracy including:
- Policy advisors at No. 10 Downing Street
- Cabinet Office Officials
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Local Government
Please note, the programme and timetable is subject to change scheduled meetings.
The training will consist and cover key themes such as:
- Leadership principles, qualities and theories
- Emotional intelligence
- Understanding self
- Strategic Action, Communication and Media training which includes:
- Best Practices in Strategic Communications and Campaigning
- How to create viral (Social) Media campaigns
- Interview training
- Interactive design and planning sessions
The programme is open to people of all faiths, and none, aged between 18-25, priority will be given to participants who can demonstrate involvement in faith and community groups and organisations.
To apply, click here.
The closing date for applications is Friday 31st May 2019
Successful applications will be contacted for a short telephone interview on the week commencing of Monday 13th May 2019